Nowadays, false ceilings have become an important part of the construction of a house in order to increase its beauty. These ceilings also help in keeping away excess noise, heat, and cold. Plaster ceiling panels are gaining popularity over gypsum boards due to many reasons.
The false ceilings are also beneficial in concealing the unsightly electric wires and pipes. However, a false ceiling can be durable only if good material is chosen. The Gypsum boards and plaster of Paris are the two types of materials that are most commonly used to create a false ceiling.
Though both have a gypsum base, those two are very different from one another. Gypsum or the material of hydrated calcium sulfate has the power to withstand something for a long period of time.
The process of installing the gypsum boards is cumbersome and gypsum boards are costlier than plaster ceiling panels. These are mainly used in places that need a central air-conditioning system.
The Advantages Of Gypsum Boards Are:
- These are very easy to install and maintain.
- As these gypsum boards are manufactured in factory machines, good quality and consistency in the finishing of the product can be maintained.
- These gypsum boards can offer a seamless appearance to the ceiling by avoiding too many joints.
- These are easily available and fire-resistant as well.
- It can be seen in the shades of brown, white, red, yellow, etc.
- These can be enhanced by using paints or laminates.
Some Disadvantages Of Gypsum Boards Are:
- Though it is easy to install, it is a very tiring and cumbersome process while uninstalling these ceilings.
- To repair these ceilings the entire ceiling has to be broken down.
- As time passes, the moisture seeps into these boards via any leakage, which could help in the growth of fungus in the ceiling. To avoid this we should use moisture-resistant boards.
- Though gypsum boards are affordable it is expensive than the plaster ceiling panels.
On the other hand, the plaster of Paris can be designed according to the preferences of the clients. As it is available in the form of powder, the paste is made to give the ceiling a perfect design.
The paste of these plaster ceiling panels is made by mixing water with the powder and the mixture is applied to chicken mesh for helping it to stay afloat.
The Advantages Of Using Plaster Ceiling Panels Are:
- It has high durability and can remain good for years without any tear.
- The plaster ceiling panels can be given many designs and is flexible to apply in the corners, unlike the gypsum boards.
- In terms of cost, it is very cheap as it is 25-40 percent less costly than the gypsum boards.
- It is a very good option for enhancing the lighting conditions of your house.
- It is a good insulator for both temperatures like heat and cold.
There Are Some Problems While Using The Plaster Ceiling Panels As Well. They Are:
- The process of mixing the powder on the site is a messy and lengthy process.
- A big amount of product is wasted at the time of mixing the ingredients and requires a lot of cleaning afterward.
- If the contents are not prepared correctly with the accurate ratio, the mixture can become of inferior quality, thus can get cracks after some time.
- The ceiling cannot be installed when the surface has moisture, therefore need good time before the installation of the ceiling.
Therefore, before choosing the perfect option for your house you have to think of all the above-mentioned pros and cons to get the best feel and look of your house. As both the plaster ceiling panels and gypsum board ceiling have their own charms, try your best to get the one suitable for you.
AUTHOR BiO: I am Faraz Ahmad, a qualified blogger and web developer. Here on SNOWTICA, you can have an idea of my expertise. You can also visit services for more information. I love to write a blog on various topics, like health, Technology, Business, Travel, Lifestyle, sports, Food, Finance, etc. For more information contact here.
Read more topics like DOCA, MIS Webmail, Soul ties, youwatchfree, TTSPY Review, Showbox apk, 123movies, and Rage room. We are also providing guest posting services on our site. To get your publication please contact us