A small spot will not only make your upholstery look dull but will also degrade the whole ambiance of the house. Stains gradually start discoloring the fabric of your upholstery, making it look ugly and older. We all know that a couch is the masterpiece of your living room interior and thus, keeping it flawless and clean is essential. Nevertheless, accidental spills are normal and unavoidable and this may leave stains.
Out of all spills, ink can leave the most stubborn stains on your sofa. Therefore, expert upholstery cleaning services in Melbourne are needed to eliminate these ink pen stains. However, if you act fast, you may remove the ink stains by yourself.
In this blog post, we will share some effective hacks for cleaning your precious upholstery, which will safely eliminate pen ink stains.
Salt and Lemon Juice:
This method of couch cleaning is good for fabric or leather couches:
- One medium-sized lemon (its juice)
- Soft scrub brush
- A pinch of salt
The sofa cleaning hack is good for removing ink pen stain:
- Pour the fresh lemon juice into the stained area.
- Dust some salt on that.
- Take a soft scrub brush and gently rub the stained area for two to three minutes. Do not rub it’s aggressively.
- Now, let it sit for 20 minutes and work on breaking and eliminating the stains.
- The last step of the upholstery cleaning method is washing the area with water and let it dry.
Liquid Dish Soap:
- Warm water
- Liquid dish soap
- A soft bristle toothbrush
- A spray bottle
The couch cleaning hack for ink pen stains removal:
- Make a mixture of soapy water and liquid dish soap in warm water. Pour the mix into the spray bottle.
- Shake it well and spray this liquid mixture made for sofa cleaning on the ink-stained area.
- Gently scrub the stained area with a soft-bristle toothbrush and your sofa for some minutes.
- Leave it for half an hour and then rinse the couch with clean normal water.
This method is flawless for fabric sofa cleaning. It can efficiently remove the stains.
- Clean cloth
- Paper towels
- White vinegar
The sofa cleaning hack for ink stain removal:
- Take an equal quantity of detergent and white vinegar in water to make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste to the affected area of your sofa.
- With a white clean cloth, damp it in clean water. Dab the stained area on the sofa with this damped cloth in a circular manner.
- Let it sit for half an hour and work on the ink pen stains.
- With another white clean cloth damp in water, wipe off the paste from the sofa.
- Then, take some white paper towels and dab the area that has the paste. Dabbing is to soak excess water. Repeat this step of couch cleaning till the towels start coming out clean.
- Leave it to dry fully before its use.
This sofa cleaning method is an alternative method to get rid of ink pen stains from your sofa.
- A hair spray
- A white rag
The upholstery cleaning hack for ink pen stains removal:
- Use hairspray onto a white rag and gently blot the stained area on your sofa.
- Switch to clean portions of the rag and apply more hairspray as the ink begins to lift from the fabric.
- Later, follow up by blotting the area with a clean, dry rag.
- If stain persists sprinkle a few drops of turpentine, which can also be used in the same fashion.
If these hacks don’t work for you we recommend you hire professional upholstery cleaning services in Melbourne. Professionals will not only clean your sofa thoroughly but will also guide you to protect it from future stains.
If you want to avail of our expert cleaning services, you can contact us on +61480090771 and ask for a FREE quote. We are readily available for your assistance 24×7. Furthermore, we provide services even during weekends and public holidays. Our licensed and certified technicians will ensure you that your upholstery is in safe hands.
AUTHOR BiO: I am Marc Richards, a qualified blogger and web developer, on SNOWTICA, you can have an idea of my expertise. I love to write a blog on various topics, like health, Technology, Business, Travel, Lifestyle, sports, Food, Finance, etc